What is CSS Grid?
Why would I use it?
I'll walk through the main parts of CSS Grid to get you using it quickly and effiicently.
Terminoligy and methods for gettign the most out of the layout system.
What is CSS Grid?
An all day introuction to Drupal 8 taught by Doug Vann.
Using Patheon as a development environment, all you will need is a laptop.
Drupal is not the best solution for every website.
There. I said it.
Sometimes a better solution is one that is faster to deploy, easier to maintain and has fewer security risks. Sometimes that solution is a static site.
Have I just committed a sacrilege? Am I suggesting we all ditch our careers as Drupal developers?
Fear not. Drupal is often still your best option. But it's true, static site generators can sometimes do the job better and faster.
This session will explore several ways to use static site generators to create and deploy sites quickly without the heavy lifting of databases, without the headaches of security patches, and without long, steep learning curves.
We'll talkl about several types of static generators, but we'll also make sure to discuss when and why Drupal is still a better choice.
Hi am Abhay Pai, working for Srijan Technologies, currently working from Makati, Philipines.
Simple Good looking website, where we will manage the content in the website from Drupal.
Things to know:
- You can share the publishing article wherever and whenever you want.
- User Experience is easily handled/controlled.
- You can update your frontend platform keeping the data, so that you wont recreate all content.
Converting an organization to using an open-source platform can be a challenging task. We'll take a look at how we converted Chattanooga State to use Drupal for the majority of their web presence, and show some examples of the sites and portals that are being used on campus. Some examples we will discuss include:
- Chattanooga State Website: Migrated to Drupal from a proprietary CMS
- TigerWeb: Our student portal that we replaced with Drupal
- TCAT Time Tracking System: A system for tracking clock hours for technical programs
- Others as time permits
Site designers love tab panels, accordion sets, slide shows, and hover-drop-down menu bars: anything to squeeze more content into less space. Unfortunately, many out-of-the box tools to generate these components can be severely lacking in accessibility compliance. At some point, you may wish to just craft your own accessibility compliant components, but how do you do that?
* How to apply and manipulate needed ARIA properties as users interact with such controls.
* Specific tips for providing a slideshow (carousel) experience that balances designer desires with accessibility realities