What is Open Source Software?
Open source software is software with source code that anyone can inspect, modify, and enhance.
"Source code" is the part of software that most computer users don't ever see; it's the code computer programmers can manipulate to change how a piece of software—a "program" or "application"—works. Programmers who have access to a computer program's source code can improve that program by adding features to it or fixing parts that don't always work correctly.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is a popular free, open source content management system (CMS). It is used to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Millions of websites are powered by Drupal, including
Drupal is constantly being improved by the hundreds of thousands of dedicated developers that are part of the Drupal Community.
Who organizes this?
Drupal Camp Chattanooga is organized by an all-volunteer team! We're always looking for help. Our goals for organizing Drupal Camp Chattanooga are
- We want to learn and teach about Open Source web Technologies including Drupal.
- Provide networking opportunities, meet old friends, make new friends, recruit for your firm, or maybe get a new job.
- We want to have fun!
The agenda will include full day of presentations, an after-hours party and these session tracks:
- Design, Theming and Usability
- Development & Performance
- Site Building
- Project Management, Sales & Consulting
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Sessions off the Drupal Island
What to Bring:
- Your computer/tablet (and power adapter)
- Pen and paper for notes
- Business cards
- Mobile phone (set to vibrate)
- Money for dinner and drinks afterwards :)
- An unhealthy love for all things Open Source, Web, and Drupal
- Power cord and/or power strips to share!
- A camera or video camera (use the #DCCHA hashtag for social media)